Tackle & Baits is the operator and owner of this web address however we do have 3rd party companies that may also update and operate this website from time to time. If you have any queries or feedback about our website and you would like to contact us, then please message us by going to the contact us page.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website
including your name, address, email address, contact details.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated during the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use.
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication and any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Send you goods purchased through our website
- Send statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you marketing commercial communications
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service
- If you submit personal information for publication on our website or social media sites, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
- Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, insurers, professional advisers, agents, or suppliers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining personal information
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Without prejudice to the above 2 lines, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall-protected servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier a string of letters and numbers that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
We use session and persistent to recognise a computer when a user visits our website, track users as they navigate the website, enable the use of a shopping cart on the website to improve the website’s usability, target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; please see your web browsers instructions on how to do this.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer, please see your web browsers instructions on how to do this.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
This website is owned and operated by Tackle and Baits Ltd.
We are registered in [England and Wales] under registration number 08899981, and our registered office is at:
Unit 4, Cwrt Erwain, Central Trading Estate, Saltney, Chester, CH4 8SW
You can contact us:
- Using our website contact form
- By telephone on 01244 641684
- by post, using the postal address given above